Saturday 26 November 2011

The Judgemental Idiot Part 2

To say I was freaked out by this idiot, is an understatement. I was panicking. I didn’t like the fact that this guy took pictures of us. It was creepy. I wasn’t worried about Chili in the pictures, I knew she would be wearing her goofball happy face. By the time I got home I was a wreck. I called Brad and told him about what happened. It took a bit for me to get it out between the tears. I’d never experienced anything like this before and I had no idea how this kind of thing went. I didn’t know if the people at the pound were idiots or reasonable people, this might go bad for Chili. People are people and you just never know who you’re dealing with. It was worse because I had no clue as to what the rules and guidelines were for warnings about your dog. Brad felt that the best plan was for me to call the pound and tell them about what happened. We didn’t have anything to hide from. He was right.

So, I called the pound and told them the story. I had a lump in my throat the whole time. They asked if Chili was off leash. No, she wasn’t. They asked if she had done her business and I didn’t pick it up. No. I had to tell them about the day before, and how Chili sometimes lunges at other dogs when she’s on leash. I didn’t want to tell them, but I had to be up front. I told them the guy said he had already phoned them and started the complaint process. The pound guy asked his colleague if it sounded familiar and he said no. To their knowledge nobody had phoned about us. He did comment that it sounded strange that the guy was walking towards us taking pictures and that it must have made me uncomfortable. It did make me uncomfortable. I kept looking over my shoulder the whole way home. I told them that we felt it was better for them to be able to find us right away if they had to, rather than driving around hunting for us. I gave him my name and phone number and left it at that.

Now, I have very mixed feelings about this. You see, I stopped going for the morning walks. Some have said that he had no right to keep me from walking up that road and if it was them, they would continue walking by his house every morning. Yes, they’re right. He doesn’t own the road. Believe me, I would love to march up and down that road a dozen times a day and see what he has to say. However, this isn’t about me. I need to set my pride and ego aside and do what’s best for Chili. If we had kept walking up that road, it would have enraged a person who is already unreasonable and a bully. It might push him to go further, and Chili would be the victim. If he wants to sit on his couch, all puffed up and proud, about how he bullied that girl with the ‘vicious’ dog and pat himself on the back for how he’s such a hero because he saved his neighbourhood from us, then so be it. I can be proud that I made the choice that was right for my dog.

Interesting how people choose to see the world. How is it that this guy decided we were a menace to society, while an elderly man in a scooter with his little dog would stop, say hi, and give Chili treats.

It’s been over 8 months now since this incident and nothing has come from it. This proves that along with many other things, this man is also a liar. He achieved his goal and now I’m pretty sure he feels more powerful for it. No matter. If Karma is real, he’ll face her one day, and I’m quite certain she has no tolerance for 2 legged creatures who threaten 4 legged ones. He’s all yours girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage you to leave comments. I'll reply to all questions within a week, and errors in posts will be acknowledged in the comment area. Feel free to disagree with my points if there is need for disagreement, but keep in mind that all off-topic comments, disparaging comments, or comments with more than one link will be deleted.